4G/5G Mobile Networks
Star Solutions enables 4G LTE networks for mobile network operators around the world. Our products enable the cost-effective deployment of 4G networks to bring mobile broadband to rural areas where conventional solutions are inefficient or impractical. By supporting and following 3GPP network architecture and industry protocols our solutions ensure that our customers who have invested in our 4G mobile network solutions have an easy migration to 5G NR architecture in the future.
With Star Solutions’ product portfolio, mobile network operators have the choice of deploying legacy 2G infrastructure to enable voice and SMS service or to consider VoLTE based deployment as well. Customers have the flexibility to make decisions to address their existing business needs as well as consider new technology and solutions as well.
Contact the Star Solutions team to see how we can help you grow or evolve your mobile network infrastructure.
Voice Service Options:
- VoLTE – Star Solutions offers a VoLTE based option for enabling voice services on LTE networks.
- 2G GSM – Star Solutions’ award winning MSC/VLR and HLR platforms enable circuit switched fallback integration with LTE network infrastructure to support a full voice, text & data network based on GSM+LTE.
FWA / WISP
Service providers deploying Fixed Wireless Access (FWA), or Wireless Internet Service Providers (WISPs), are building wireless broadband data networks using Star Solutions’ packet core network platform, the Sonata EPC. The solution is highly scalable and we have enabled service providers of all sizes and capacities to take advantage of 4G LTE technology. With our roadmap to support 5G NR radios, our customers deploy the Sonata EPC with confidence.
We work closely with our service provider customers to tailor their deployment based on projected subscriber and traffic throughput requirements. Our network deployment architecture is highly flexible and supports the use of multiple remote gateways. The Sonata EPC can be deployed in the following VM environments: VMWare, KVM, and Azure. Customers can supply their own server hardware, appliances or VM environments as well.
Cellular Over Satellite
Satellite transmission based connectivity can be used to support the expansion of cellular networks by Mobile Network Operators (MNOs). Satellite backhaul however increases the network performance complexity and also typically costs significantly more than terrestrial options. That said, for many locations around the world, it is the only means of connectivity.
Using network infrastructure equipment from Star Solutions, Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) around the world can cost-effectively extend their mobile coverage to rural areas using satellite backhaul. Often these areas have little or no infrastructure in place to support any telecom equipment and conventional rural connectivity solutions are inefficient and/or impractical. We take advantage of distributed network architecture to enable flexible deployment options and increase network resiliency as well.
Distributed Network Architecture:
- Remote Core – This deployment configuration enables RAN products to be quickly deployed with local services enabled even when backhaul connectivity is disrupted or unavailable.
- Remote Gateway – Using local media gateways or PDN gateways allows MNOs to locally trombone network traffic to local telephony or data networks saving backhaul costs.
- Remote Survivability – In the event of satellite service disruption, using this feature, local mobile service is still maintained at the remote site.
Key Products involved:
Customer Use Case:
- Delivering GSM+LTE to Northern Canada across a satellite backbone.
4600 Jacombs Rd., Suite 120
Richmond, B.C. V6V 3B1
General Office: +1 (604) 276-0055
Sales Team: +1 (604) 303-8556