Using network infrastructure equipment from Star Solutions, Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) around the world extend their mobile coverage to rural area. Often these areas have little or no infrastructure in place to support any telecom equipment and conventional rural connectivity solutions are inefficient and/or impractical.
To enable MNO’s to deploy mobile network services in these challenging areas, we provide them with innovative solutions and technologies. Our products use distributed network architecture to enable flexible deployment options and make cost-effective use of terrestrial and satellite backhaul capabilities.
Unique capabilities include:
- Remote MSC Survivability – In a distributed network with several sites utilizing satellite backhaul, in the event of satellite service disruption, local mobile service is still maintained at the remote site.
- Remote gateway offload – Deployment of local 3G/4G gateways enables network operators to offload data traffic at the edge of the network.
- “All-in-One” – This configuration enables RAN products to be quickly deployed and mobile services offered in locations where backhaul is extremely limited
LTE broadband network operators are deploying data networks for their users using Star Solutions’ 4G EPC core network platform. The solution is very scalable enabling network operators of all sizes and capacities to take advantage of LTE technology.
Supporting 3GPP standards based interfaces, network operators can deploy solutions with multiple eNodeB vendors and connect with best-in-class service enabling platforms that perform network functions like OCS, PCRF and post-paid billing.
Example Network Configurations:
- Centralized HSS & EPC
- Operator Centralized HSS with multiple remote EPC’s
- Hosted HSS connected to multiple remote EPC’s
- Remote EPC connected to existing 3rd party HSS
EPC Deployment Platforms
- Computing Appliance
- 1RU Server Systems
- Cloud-based deployment
- Virtual Machine support