For over 20 years Star Solutions has been providing customized CDMA, GSM and now LTE solutions to the rural market:
- Enabling CDMA 1X / EVDO in remote rural villages over satellite backhaul
- Supporting CDMA services on cruise ships
- Delivering GSM voice to a mining enterprise over satellite
- Integrating our IP-RAN products with IP-PBX’s using SIP
Using the latest technologies in wireless communications; Star Solutions continues to meet these challenges with its 4G Sonata LTE family of wireless access network products. With just 10MHz of spectrum, Sonata LTE provides up to 70Mbps of download capacity and 35Mbps of upload capacity. Sonata LTE is easy to install, requires no local technician for ongoing support and operation and offers low power consumption ideal for communities where grip power is unavailable or limited.
Some of the unique deployment scenarios that we can support include:
- Remote MSC Survivability – If the satellite backhaul link experiences disruption, local service is still maintained at a remote site
- Remote PDSN offload – Deployment of remote PDSN nodes enables operators to offload user Internet traffic at the edge of the network.
- “All in one” stand-alone remote operation – The iCell COMPAC and MANPAC can support not only CDMA handsets but also SIP based VoIP phones.